As a Data Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and Account Executives to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design custom business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning around data platform and analytics, with customers via Skype engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
- Act as the key technical contact for our Sales team with potential customers
- Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers.
- Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and proposed developments for the customers identified solutions
- Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs, where necessary
- Audit and confirm implementation requirements and pricing calculations as required, so that the customer receives an accurate projection of anticipated costs in new services sought
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
- Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Conduct group and one-on-one trainings
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
- Constantly research and educate yourself with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor
- 3-6+ years of technology-related sales or business development experience; Experience working within a technical sales environment preferred.
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for data platforms and analytics required
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
- Experience with cloud and hybrid data platforms, database architecture designs, migrations, and management of technology.
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: (Big Data, BI, Advanced Analytics, Mission Critical platforms)
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer-facing role
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team, and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
- Passion for the cloud technologies and changing the world
- Relevant Microsoft skills and certification
- English fluency required